St Edward’s Infants and Primary Schools are situated on a split campus which is 1 kilometre apart. It is the largest Catholic Primary School in the Armidale Diocese.
The Sisters of St Joseph established St Edward’s School in Robert Street. St Edward’s School was originally known as St Mary’s Church School. The school was officially opened by Bishop Doody on 31st January 1954. The present Primary site, adjacent to Mary Help of Christians Church, was officially opened by Bishop Freeman in 1970.
On the 17th April 1983, Mary Help of Christians Church was blessed and opened by Bishop Kennedy.
St Edward’s School separated into two schools on 5th May 1984 – St Edward’s Infant School (Robert Street) and St Edward’s Primary School (Hillvue Road). On 29th January 1990, both schools were again united and called St Edward’s School. The school operates today as one school, on two sites.